Gathering of Information
The New England Province of the Society of Jesus may collect various types of information from you, including, but not limited to, your IP address, domain name, web page, type of browser used, date, time and length of time spent on the Website, and pages accessed while visiting the Website, which we may collect to aggregate statistical information, facilitate system administration, and improve the content of the Website, among other things. We may also collect your e-mail and the content of any communications that are sent to our webmaster, which we may use to improve response time to any inquiries regarding the Website; however, we will not identify you publicly. The New England Province does not currently nor does it plan to share its account list or detailed information about you to third parties.
Online Profile Updates and Donations
If you complete the Profile Update Form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the “Opt-Out” section below.
Sending us an E-mail
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from e-mail primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your e-mail to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your e-mail to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest. We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties. If you sign up for one of our e-mail lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested. We won't share your name or e-mail address with any outside parties.
Children and Privacy
For children who visit this Website, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first and last name or street address and city. If children send e-mail to us, their online contact information (e-mail address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in retrievable form.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications through a special online form. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us through the Profile Update Form. You will not be able remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
The New England Province places the highest priority on protecting information transmitted via the Website. We take all commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect customer-specific information transmitted over our Website.
The terms and conditions contained herein and in the Terms & Conditions of Use constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and the New England Province.
WEB SITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering this site you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions stated herein. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this site.
Legal Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that this site will only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.
2. Although this site may be linked to other sites, the Society of Jesus of New England is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with the linked site, unless specifically stated therein. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that the Society of Jesus of New England has not reviewed all the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the content of any offsite pages or any other site linked to this site. Your linking to any other offsite pages or other sites is at your own risk.
3. The Society of Jesus of New England is the copyright owner of everything on this site and no portion of this site, including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose, without the express written permission of the Society of Jesus of New England, except as provided for herein. Without in any way waiving any of the foregoing rights, you may download one copy of the material on this site for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. Modification or use of the material on this site for any other purpose violates the legal rights of the Society of Jesus of New England.
4. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that your use is at your own risk and that none of the parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages, or any other losses, costs, or expenses or any kind (including legal fees, expert fees, or other disbursements) which may arise, directly or indirectly, through the access to, use of, or browsing of this site or through your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this Site, including but not limited to anything caused by any viruses, bugs, human action or inaction or any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or any other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections.
5. Although the information contained in the site is based upon up to date information, and while the Society of Jesus of New England makes all reasonable efforts to insure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and the Society of Jesus of New England makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
6. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to this site, in any manner and for any reason, will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit to the Society of Jesus of New England through this site may be used by the Society of Jesus of New England, anywhere, anytime, and for any reason whatsoever.
7. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark, or service mark contained on this Site is owned or licensed by The Society of Jesus of New England and may not be used by you without prior written approval. The Society of Jesus of New England will enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Sound, graphics, charts, information, or images of places or people are either property of the Society of Jesus of New England or used on this site with permission. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on the site. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including but not limited to those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy, and publicity rights.
8. The Society of Jesus of New England reserves the right to revise this Legal Information at any time and for any reason and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, to any of the information contained on this site. By entering this site you acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any such revisions. We suggest periodically visiting this page of the site to review these terms and conditions.
9. Sponsor: Society of Jesus of New England, 85 School Street, Watertown, MA 02472.
© COPYRIGHT 2011 SOCIETY OF JESUS OF NEW ENGLAND. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.